Happy Thursday !!! #ThrowbackThursday – We’re already close to the weekend and June is nearly almost over. Omg !! Wasn’t it just yesterday we started the month of June – crazy right?!? Time is going super fast. Before you know it, it’s going to be December 31st. *pause* Okay, okay I’ll slow down a bit but, I’m only just saying. So, DON’T shoot the messenger lol.
A week ago, I gotten my very first nomination by the beautiful, stylist & talented Kelly from themisskouture.com for blogger recognition award !!! Like whatttt? No way ! I really had to blink twice to make sure my name + my site was mention on someone’s blog. It literally blew my mind + made my day. I get messages everyday telling me how amazing I am, how my blogs help them to keep going & telling me how talented I am but, to have someone nominate me for blogger recognition award is amazing and I’m truly blessed + thankful & feels accomplished to be recognize by another amazing blogger. It’s a great feeling when people tell you how great of a job you’re doing + overwhelming but, I appreciate all the love & support from everyone.
How my blog started?
An amazing best friend of mine told me “the opinions of others shouldn’t matter, the opinions of yourself should matter the most”. So, my best friend has inspired me to start a blog. If you wanted something in life, do you wait to see what others think of it? Or do you go for it?. If I allowed my fears to control my life, There wouldn’t be no Beautiful and bold – I would of been stuck trying to please everyone in my life and here’s a little tip >>>> pleasing everyone is exhausting because you’re not doing anything that is helpful towards you nor your future + you’re miserable. I needed to tell myself that I can do whatever I set my mind too and who cares what other people think of it.
Writing is everything to me, writing takes me to a place that gives me peace and comfort. Thank God for helping me to find a way to clear my thoughts. So, when my best friend told me I needed to have my own blog, I didn’t know what to think of it because I didn’t want to be judged, I didn’t want to be laugh at nor have someone put me down for chasing my dreams & I was too afraid to start one but, I was reminded to not let my fear get in the way of my happiness nor other people opinions get in the way of my happiness.
Long story short, Beautiful & Bold has become my baby & my brand because I love rooting for others and uplifting others, my perspective of life could be different compare to others. Not everyone has the same perspective of life and I respect everyone opinions. Why call it beautiful and bold ? My self esteem has been very rocking over 25 years but, it was a journey to get to the place I am in right now. beautiful is who you are, it’s who I am & Bold is your confidence when you have confidence, no one can’t tell you anything on how to live your life and I am bold because I have boldness in my DNA *Kendrick Lamer voice*. My site is all about uplifting & having fun because I’m a goofy person that likes to have fun + give you the best advice that I can give from what I’ve been through in my life, that I wish I could tell myself years ago but, I appreciate all the lesson that life has taught me.
My Advice to new bloggers + Upcoming bloggers…
- Be yourself!!!!. To many times, when someone is chasing after their dreams they get so caught up with what seems so trending instead of doing what’s best for them. So, do what’s best for you & be yourself. When you’re being yourself everything will fall into place for you in the right time. Don’t do something that you don’t believe in nor don’t do something because it’s trending. Build your own brand the way you want to build your brand. It’s your journey to embrace & enjoy.
- DO NOT compare yourself to other bloggers!. If you’re going into beauty, lifestyle or travel & etc. don’t compare yourself to no one. You are unique in your own way. What you do is different compare to someone else. Believe in your own work & focus on your own work. Also, not everyone is going to love your work and that’s okay. Not everyone will support you & THAT’S OKAY. those who will support you, will support you.
- Support yourself! Be your biggest cheerleader!!.
“Stop waiting for others to support you, so you can support yourself – No !!! Support yourself regardless who’s supporting you or not.”
- Put yourself out there – network, network , network & network. Take advantage of social media and put your brand out there by joining chats, tag blog RT accounts & join events online or in person. Whatever works for you & your brand – GO FOR IT. In order to be successful, you need to step out of your comfort zone.
- DON’T YOU DARE GIVE UP !!. Blogging isn’t easy. There will be times were you’re going to want to throw in the towel and say “I give up” but, don’t cause when you’re passionate about something, you’ll do what it takes to make sure you’ll succeed in it. In the end, it’ll all be worth it. Just remember to have fun & enjoy the moment….
These ladies are incredible + hilarious, you will not be disappointed by their creativity & greatness. So, I nominate:
- Mel – Mellieking.com + YouTube channel: Mellie King
- Diana – selflove-selfcare.com
- Christine – Changedbypurpose.com | that girl can sangggggg !!! Lol no seriously, she can sanggggg + YouTube channel: Changedbypurpose.
- Shaienna – Shaiennamonique.com
- Shavahn – thegirlfriendlounge.com
- Sarell – heysinderella.com
- Rebekah – iamrebekahdenise.com
- Markesia – Kesiaspoetry.com
- shauna – shaunakay.com
- Diam – fromdiamwithlove.com
If I have nominated you, create your own blog post and follow the rules. Which are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post about the award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give 2 pieces or more of advice to new bloggers.
Thanks so much for reading and showing love + support. You’re truly amazing ♥